Home Page |
On the Hunt |
Black Powder |
Concealed Carry |
Restoring Lost Accuracy
- You probably already know that if your rifle or handgun no longer shoots straight, the problem may nothing more serious than a worn muzzle crown. The only problem: It can be difficult to detect with the naked eye whether or not the factory crown remains truly perpendicular to the axis of the bore. The good news: Re-crowning the barrel eliminates that possibility. In fact. right out of the box factory firearms sometimes shoot more accurately after having the crown tweaked. - more -
Tale of Two AR Triggers.
- Gunsmithing the AR with replacement triggers, namely the JP Enterprises EZ Trigger Kit With Armageddon Gear Roller Trigger and also the Timney Drop In Trigger. The original JP Fire Control Kit was the benchmark for single-stage AR triggers, measured in terms of precision, reliability, durability, safety and longevity in the market. They had the metallurgical know-how to make triggers/hammers that had a crisp break
- more -
Lyman Turbo Sonic Power Pro Cleaning System and Accessory Lube Tank
- Gunsmiths will rub their hands together in glee to learn about Lyman's Turbo Sonic Power Pro cleaner with its large capacity that makes it an appropriate vehicle for cleaning barreled actions up to 34". Suffice it to say with its Turbo Sonic Power Pro, Lyman offers the largest and most powerful ultrasonic cleaning system extant. This system's extra long, heated tank and 10 powerful industrial transducers allow gunsmiths, armorers, or for that matter, any shooter, to quickly and easily clean, lubricate and protect a wide range of metal items, including barreled actions.
- more -
The AR-15 Rifle Tune-Up
- How-to Enhance the Reliability and Accuracy of the AR-15. Let's get one thing s traight from the get-go. I love everything about this rifle. I am so sick of people badmouthing this fine weapon that I won't even respond to the sanctimonious criticisms we all hear.
For the hunting I do in rural Iowa, it is the perfect rifle. But polishing without abrasives can't hurt. That's a good place to start. Ensure your weapon is unloaded and field strip
- more -
The M1 Garand Tune-Up
- The M-1 Garand is such a hearty rifle you don't even need ammunition to kill the enemy--a good vertical butt-stroke with this battle machine is guaranteed to start swan-songs playing. It's almost a shame it's not still our standard rifle. I've met more than one retired soldier who said the M1
- more -
Lyman Universal Firearm Cleaning System - Simply put, Lyman's Universal Cleaning Rod System fits all handgun and rifle bore diameters from .17 to .45 caliber. The set's two 12" and two 36" rods are complemented by a jag and brush set plus a universal bore guide that protects rifling against damage. Two 12" and two 36" rods that thread into the ergonomic swivel handle. Like the handle, the cleaning rods are chemical resistant. In addition, the rods are machined from spring steel and have a tough, non-abrasive proprietary epoxy coating. One handle fits all rod lengths and calibers. - more -